Drew White, Camas High School
• Scored two second-half goals in Papermakers’ 4-0 win over Southridge in the state semifinals.
• Scored a team-leading 28 goals and had 11 assists, which tied for the team lead with Parker Roland.
• White’s favorite goal was scored in Camas’ 3-0 state playoff win over Shorecrest. He stole the ball and scored the last of the goals in the match he and his teammates called their biggest win.
More about Drew
• Drew wears more than a dozen wrist bands on his left wrist, each a reminder of a person or event of significance in his life. Among them is a piece of string from a homeless man.
• Favorite music: “Oldies” Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, Barenaked Ladies, music often played in the car on trips to soccer practices in Tacoma.
Next year and beyond
• White plans to play soccer for Washington. A defender for the Seattle Sounders FC Academy team, he hopes to someday play professional soccer.
“Soccer’s different. You have to be running for 90 minutes, sweating and getting tackled and bleeding, and still keeping your head in the game. … It takes so much more mental strength than you’d expect.”